Whatsapp has been doing lots of things right recently and it seems they are not slowing down. Now that voice messaging is supported (and easy to use) the BlackBerry 10 app has been updated once again to version 22.214.171.124 bringing some nice improvements to the cross platform instant messaging application.
With the roll out of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) coming real soon to iOS and Android it seems that Whatsapp are intent in retaining their presence as the number one cross platform client. Whether they will succeed remains to be seen.
Clearly as a BlackBerry addict I'm hoping that all our friends on Android and iPhone make the switch to BBM, but it's always a gamble as consumers get used to using a certain app. Let's just hope they all give BBM a shot anyway and then it's down to each individual to decide which messaging application they choose to favor.
The changes to the latest Whatsapp update are as follows:
- Voice message fixes and improvements including audio routing support (headset/handset/bluetooth)
- Emoji input now supported for profile name, status messages and group subjects
- Media Auto-Download settings
- Default maps for opening received locations can now be changed
- Push notification fixes
- Various fixes and performance improvements
If you are not seeing the update just yet, fear not, it will come.