If you're a WhatsApp user who likes to check out their beta offerings, you'll want to load up the BlackBerry Beta Zone and grab the latest release. Appearing today, this release has the usual miscellaneous fixes and updates but also includes updates to how the app works with their web client as well as some improvements to their mark read and unread features. As always, they offered up the full changelog, so have a look.
- Added support for various chat actions on the web client
- Added 'Mark Read' and 'Mark Unred' context actions to the in-app chats list
- Changed behavior of 'Mark Read' to match other platforms, which reset the unread bar and send read receipts
- Added emoji to support the expression of more colorful metaphors
- Miscellaneous fixes and updates
The update is live right now through the BlackBerry Beta Zone app, which, by the way, was also updated today to address some bugs with the discussion forums, so get to downloading if you haven't already. Already installed it? Let us know how it's working for you in the comments.