No wonder Jim Balsillie helped turned BlackBerry into what it is today. Yesterday he makes an offer to buy a hockey team, and this morning he gets on stage in front of a big audience to announce the recipients of this years Wireless Leadership Awards. You can check out the press release after the jump, and click on through to attendwes.com/wla to learn more about recipients. Congrats to all the winners and finalists!
RIM Announces Wireless Leadership Award Recipients
Awards Recognize Innovation in Wireless Deployments
ORLANDO, FLORIDA--(Marketwire - May 6, 2009) - Wireless Enterprise Symposium 2009 - Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) today announced recipients of the 4th annual Wireless Leadership Awards at Wireless Enterprise Symposium 2009.
The Wireless Leadership Awards are presented to customers that have deployed innovative wireless solutions.
"We offer our thanks and congratulations to all the participants in the Wireless Leadership Awards this year," said Jim Balsillie, Co-CEO at Research In Motion. "Innovation is something that RIM fully embraces in its own culture and we introduced the Wireless Leadership Awards to help celebrate and showcase some of the truly innovative and impactful use of wireless technology by our customers."
The awards fall into three categories: Innovation In Public Sector, Innovation In Private Sector and Business Impact.
INNOVATION IN PUBLIC SECTOR: This award recognizes government and public sector organizations that use wireless solutions to manage critical information.
- Winner - Administrative Office of the US Courts - USA
- The Administrative Office of the US Courts developed PACTS Mobile - a customized case management software application to assist federal probation and pretrial services officers with the supervision of offenders under the jurisdiction of the United States Court system. This solution has demonstrated greater effectiveness and efficiency for federal probation and pretrial supervision officers while in the field.
- Finalist - The City of Vaughan - Canada
- Finalist - Northern Doctors Urgent Care - UK
- Finalist - ITESM - Mexico
INNOVATION IN PRIVATE SECTOR: This award recognizes organizations that have deployed new, innovative wireless solutions to drive business lines.
- Winner - HSBC - UK/GLOBAL
- HSBC is adding more than 2,000 BlackBerry smartphones each month to its current deployment of 43,000 smartphones in 65 countries. The company's IT group developed the Bramble Console, a suite of solutions for managing, configuring, tracking and deploying BlackBerry smartphones and the 65+ applications that their teams rely upon.
- Finalist - Safelite Autoglass - USA
- Finalist - Nationwide - USA
BUSINESS IMPACT: This award recognizes a customer whose wireless solution has made a significant impact on their business - whether through ROI or by enabling positive change within the organization.
- Winner - Ricoh Americas - USA
- Ricoh's application on the Mirifex Mobile Framework, which shows everything from completing work orders to ordering parts, can be completed right from a BlackBerry smartphone. Technicians now check parts inventory, as well as order and ship materials to a customer's location, from their BlackBerry smartphone, closing out jobs faster. Ricoh now regularly meets and exceeds its Service Level Agreements, distinguishing itself as a customer service leader in the office equipment field.
- Finalist - KLA-Tencor - USA
- Finalist - Standard Life - Scotland
For more information on the Wireless Leadership Awards program, please visit www.attendwes.com/wla.