Yeeehaaa! Registration has just opened for Research in Motion's BIG SHOW of the year, WES 2009. This year it falls on May 5th to 7th and per usual is being held in Orlando, Florida at the World Cener Marriot Hotel and Covention Center.
If you're new to the world of BlackBerry and have never heard of WES, the best thing to do is click the image above and jump over and take a browse through the website. With an early bird rate of $1,599 for a conference pass this isn't really an end-consumer show, but WES is often used to announced new products (they unveiled the Bold there last year). Here's RIM's take on it:
Who Should Attend?
- An executive responsible for technology decisions
- An IT professional who plans, implements or administers technology systems
- A developer who creates and deploys business applications and solutions
What you'll learn
- Boost business productivity and return on investments
- Get the most out of your IT investments
- Extend your current IT infrastructures to overcome development challenges
Who you'll meet
- BlackBerry solution experts who can help you develop and implement value-driven wireless solutions
- Carriers, software vendors and solution providers who can help you get all of your wireless research completed at a single event
- Industry leaders and analysts who are shaping the future of wireless technology
I'm super stoked to see that Malcom Gladwell has been confirmed as one of the Keynote Speakers... I'm 200 pages into his latest book, Outliers, as I type this (great book!). WES 2008 was an awesome event and it gave me a chance to meet in person sooo many members and readers of this site. I hope 2009 is even bigger and better! I know the 'state of the economy' has companies spending less on this kind of thing, but this is just one of those annual events you simply don't want to miss.