In what has got to be the one of the most anticipated launches to come from RIM in the form of software, it's finally here and available for all! BES 5.0 has officially launched and is now available for purchase and also comes with the offering of a 60 day free trial.
The enhancements seen in BES 5.0 are all welcomed changes. Here's a short list of some of whats new:
- Advanced manageability through a new administrative user interface
- Enhancements to application management and deployment capabilities with the use of the BlackBerry Administration Service
- Easily move BlackBerry smartphone users between separate BlackBerry Domains with the BlackBerry® Enterprise Transporter
- High availability to maximize system uptime and minimize unplanned downtime
- New end-user productivity features such as on device file exploration through network servers
- Monitoring overall system health, including alerts, troubleshooting, and reporting
- Seamless upgrade from earlier versions of BlackBerry Enterprise Server software to BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 5.0 means reduced time frames for full implementation.
For more information, be sure to check out all of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server documentation that RIM has made available including complete details for Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Domino and much more.