* Update Again - We still might get a link for the mobile app tonight, but best bet now if you really want to see the concert is watch the stream for free on your computer at rockpit.com *
* Update - OK, if the rockpit.mobi site isn't working, apparently you can go to wirelessconcerts.com and you should be able to gain access from there. Note - apparently the Tour and Storm are not yet supported. Fail. Keep in mind, this is kinda whack. At the wirelessconcerts.com url I can't find any link to download the mobile app nor use the coupons we were provided. I guess this is a beta / first attempt and it's not quite running so smooth. If you get it figured out post it the comments, or just bail on tonight's attempt and we'll try this again. I really wanted to see what a live streaming concert on a BB would look like. D'oh! *
* Update - 7:27pm EST: The mobile site still isn't up yet. I've emailed the promoters in hopes of getting a direct link to download the mobile app - once installed that's all that should be needed to stream the concert live. Hopefully they get back to me with that shortly. If not, hopefully they'll give us double the licenses to their next concert if this doesn't pan out tonight. I'm really curious to see how this looks on my Bold! *
The press release below goes over all the details of what's going on, so give it a read. And if you want to take in the CREED concert tonight via your BlackBerry (pretty cool concept!) then we have 250 FREE licenses for the show. Download the Rockpit mobile app and use the code CREED2009. It's first come, first serve, so once it's been used 250 times that's it. If you miss out on the coupon above but still want to watch, licenses cost $14.99. The Rockpit.mobi site is JUST going live as I type (DNS still propogating through so you might have to wait a bit before it goes live and starts working) so have patience and keep refreshing. In the meantime, you can visit the rockpit.com site for more info. Enjoy the show!
Rockpit.com live mobile webcast of Creed to be delivered exclusively to BlackBerry smartphones
WHAT: Live mobile webcast of rock bands Creed and opening act Staind streamed exclusively to BlackBerry smartphones via mobile application. The CREED live webcast, produced by DC3 Music Group, LLC and directed by Rockpit.com co-founder and awarding‐winning director Daniel E. Catullo III (Rush in Rio, Nickelback Live From Sturgis, Godsmack: Changes), will find its place in the Guinness Book of World Records as a world‐record breaking cinematic experience featuring 227 cameras - the most cameras ever used for coverage for a live music event. Coverage will include simultaneous filming of backstage footage, extended aerial "Fly Cam" stadium views, the full‐length concert and pre‐ and post‐concert band interviews.
WHO: BlackBerry smartphone users will be able to view the event via the Rockpit mobile application created by Ocean 20 in conjunction with Billboard.
- Users will be able to pre-order the concert DVD on SD Card.
- Only 4500 licenses available for the Rockpit mobile application
WHEN: September 25th, 2009. 8 pm Central - 11 pm Central
WHERE: In the palm of your hand live from Houston. Register for PC viewing at http://rockpit.com. Widget for PC viewing can be found here. Register for mobile access at http://rockpit.mobi
WHY: To change the way music is distributed and consumed.