When the BlackBerry Vendor Portal allowed developers to create promotion codes for their apps, it opened the floodgates to a flurry of giveaway posts. On this occasion, we are discussing Secure AntiVirus Pro which is a good tool for scanning your files for potential malware and viruses. Last seen in the BlackBerry App Roundup, the application underwent a complete rewrite and overhaul which brought additional functionality and improvements including a dark theme and Pebble support.
If you are not familiar with Secure AntiVirus Pro the basic function is to scan and quarantine viruses found on your device and SD card. Now the developer is aware that on BlackBerry 10 an Antivirus is not necessary. That being said, for me that does not mean that the files on your device are secure. This program protects against Android Malware (monitor APKs) and makes sure the files you download are safe for Windows PCs. Another instance this may be necessary is if your workplace requires that an Antivirus be installed.
What I like about the application is how it notifies you in the hub if you make a change. For example, when you snap a photograph it alerts you that a file has been modified or added to the folder and displays the path.
- Quarantine viruses, whitelist false positives
- You choose what to keep!
- Our virus definitions are selected from ~5GB of viruses and updated daily
- You can scan for viruses found on all platforms
- This scanner really scans deeper
- It can scan Box, DropBox, OneDrive, and even computers connected through BlackBerry Link
- Integration like no other, including UpFront and Pebble Watch support
- New dark theme, making it light on the battery
- Can keep itself awake to reduce overhead
- Allows a large volume of customizations to ensure it doesn't annoy you
- True headless support, monitoring your file system all the time
- Now in 5 different languages (English, French, Indonesian, German and Spanish)
- Constant beta testing and updates, and we truly listen to your feedback
- Created by a small independent developer with a strong team to rely on
To celebrate the 20th software update of this application (though it has now reached 22), the developer is being generous and giving away 1500 copies! Not only has the application been completely rewritten with some headless functionality but has an entirely new look to it as well. I should also mention help with this major rewrite came from Roger LeBlanc, and the beta testers (including Jaydee, Razvan, Joe, and Diego)
By now we should all be familiar with how to grab a free copy with promo code, but for those who are not, you can follow the directions below. We are all too familiar with how these codes vanish in a matter of seconds, but with 1,500 copies, and I'm quoting the developer, this will give folks a chance!
- Launch BlackBerry World
- Swipe down from the top and tap Redeem
- Enter promo code: 20UPDATESLATER
- Tap on the green FREE button to download
Secure AntiVirus Pro is compatible with BlackBerry 10 and is $2.99 to purchase if you are unable to snap a free copy.
More information/Purchase Secure AntiVirus Pro