For those searching for an application that can block spam SMS, emails and phone calls, we previously covered Auto Block for BlackBerry 10. Essentially what it does is it scans your SMS, PIN, and email messages to block those annoying and unwanted spam messages from getting through. From blocking and deleting messages from specific contacts, email addresses and phone numbers to utilizing a keyword filtering options to weed out additional junk messages it is a useful tool to prevent scammers from bugging you.
The complete feature list is shown below as well as the instructions on how to grab your free copy.
- Native Cascades app with beautiful graphics, transitions, and animations. App incorporates all the flow gestures BlackBerry 10 is known for!
- App is headless! No need to keep the UI running all the time to do the blocking.
- Simple, clean and attractive UI with focus on the best user experience.
- Supports all your email accounts, PIN account, and SMS account so that all spammers can be managed.
- Easy to unblock blocked contacts, and clear blocked lists.
- Filtering by Keyword in message Subjects support to block spammers who constantly change their email addresses and SMS numbers.
- Built-in reporter/updater to discover spammers through other Auto Block users!
- User-level optimizations to only load messages from a certain number of days ago to reduce load times.
- Block spammers directly from the BlackBerry 10 Hub by pressing-and-holding on the email and selecting Auto Block!
- Logging pane available to see all the previously blocked messages as well as message subject/body previews.
- Completely silent app and will not disrupt your usage when messages are blocked. You have the option to turn on and off the sound alerts.
- Simple and straightforward tutorials and instructions.
- Unlimited number of addresses can be put into blocked list.
- Stable and mature app: Thoroughly tested over the iterations to prevent all crashes, and has been written with performance and usability in mind.
- Major focus on minimal battery life consumption: The app only reacts when messages arrive on the specific accounts activated and not any others thus reducing CPU usage.
- Built-in bug-reporter.
- Active frame shows the last message that was blocked or the total number of messages that are blocked.
- Permission validation: App recognizes when permissions may be turned off and is stable not to misbehave, but rather it will warn the user.
If you were hesitant about purchasing this application due to the price, be sure to enter in the code below to grab your free copy. As always, keep in mind that these codes disappear in a matter of seconds, so act fast while supplies last using the code below.
While most of us should be experts by now redeeming a promo code, for those who are not, you can follow the directions below.
- Launch BlackBerry World
- Swipe down from the top and tap Redeem
- Enter promo code: IHATESPAM
- Tap on the green FREE button to download
Auto Block is compatible with BlackBerry 10 and is $4.99 to purchase if you are unable to snap a free copy.