Visual Proof of a GSM-Only Touchscreen BlackBerry!
Following up on Kevin Byrne's "final specs on the Verizon BlackBerry Storm", we have VISUAL proof of the existence of the 9530 Storm's GSM-only sibling, the BlackBerry 9500. Zoomed in image after the jump.
These are spyshots, so unfortunately the specs on the 9500 in the image above are pretty tiny to read, but it appears (I *think*) that they line up on part with what Kevin has said and Mike over at BBNews tends to agree. Mike also lists the following as the specs:
- 7.2 mbps HSDPA/UMTS (2100/1900/850 MHz)
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- 1GB of memory, 192MB RAM
- 1400 mAhr battery. Standby time: 528 hours
- MicroUSB port
- MicroSD and MicroSDHC expandable up to 8GB
- 3.2 megapixel camera, flash, 2.5x digital zoom, auto focus, and image stabilization
- Video capture. Normal mode (480×320) and MMS mode (176×144)
- Assisted GPS - Enhanced version of GPS that performs at a faster speed
For those who "live" in our 9500 Series forum, this news won't be too big of a surprise for you, but still, it's nice to see visual proof. And yes, you should be able to unlock this bad boy and run it on AT&T.
[ Source ]