Marcus from Versatile Monkey, the creator of Podtrapper for BlackBerry, has just released a new beta application for you all to check out. VersaTool is a collection of tools all wrapped into one small application which is nice and lightweight. It features all the little functions your BlackBerry has or you wish it had in one spot. Be it the ability to start apps as your BlackBerry boots, down to creating an auto reply for emails right from your BlackBerry, to doing unit conversions on the fly - VersaTool has you covered. Read on after the jump for the full functions list and how you can help out with this new beta app.
VersaTool has a unique subset of functions built right into the application, the full list of what VersaTool can do is massive and Marcus, with your help is looking to add even more.
Features Available Now:
- Alarms: Set as many nameable and snoozable alarms using whatever ring tones you like for any combination of days and times
- Canned Responses: Save short or long email clippings and combine them to reply quickly to common emails
- Auto Reply: Use email/PIN/SMS filters to automatically respond to incoming messages with a Canned Response
- Home Screen Bookmarks: Bookmark URLs, popup menus, VersaTool applets and many other tasks to your BB home screen
- Popup Menus: Create menus to common tasks like emailing or searching the web and assign them to home screen bookmarks or convenience keys
- Really Convenient Keys: The built in convenience keys limit you to one action: pressing a button. VersaTool allows you to assign actions to pressing, but also to pressing and holding and double pressing. You can also assign actions to the mute key and end key. Any action allowable by VersaTool is available as a target: Popping a menu, launching an app, launching a URL and more
- Run on Start: Have a favorite app that you're always running that doesn't allow run on start? Run on Start allows you to run any app when your BlackBerry starts up
- Run on Schedule: And why limit yourself to running things on startup? Run on Schedule allows you to schedule any action that VersaTool allows on any schedule you want
- Just Take the Picture: 9 times out of 10 when you want to take a picture of something, by the time I've got my BB out and unlocked I've lost the opportunity. Just Take the Picture allows me to take pictures from anywhere quickly, even while the device is locked (OS 5.0+ only)
- Tip Calculator: Are you deficient in basic arithmetic like I am? Tip Calculator will make sure your deficiencies don't penalize your wait staff
- Unit Conversion: Need to know how many angstroms are in a meter? Easy peasy with Unit Converter
- Weather: Bookmark the weather for your city to your home screen and see the weather at a glance. The home screen icon always shows the current weather and highs and lows for the day
All those functions, one app. Even having just looked at the features VersaTool offered I knew I had to check this out. Now given this is a beta, Marcus is of course looking for any feedback you have for VersaTool and has even set up forums for you all to post any bugs you find. Check out the forums for more information on submitting bugs, as a bonus if you are the first to submit a bug that is truly a bug when the app moves out of beta you have a chance at getting a free copy. While in beta though, the application is free to download. VersaTool is available for device running OS 4.3+ so even Storm owners can get in on the love here. Check it out, give some feedback and let us know what you think of VersaTool in the comments.