This is what happens when tough economic times hit... the strong companies start to pounce on the weak in hopes of growing even stronger for when the times get good again. And so the word is that tomorrow Verizon is going to flex some muscle and begin offering a compelling sales promotion that will continue through to March 31st - Buy One Get One free. The Boy Genius got the deets:
- The promotion runs from tomorrow, February 6th, until March 31st.
- Buy any BlackBerry Verizon offers and get another one for free (equal or lesser value).
- There is no mail in debit card necessary when purchasing the Storm, for the Curve 8330 and 8830, you'll still get a $70 debit card back from the purchase of the first device.
- Each device requires a two-year activation with corresponding data plan (BlackBerry data plan).
With pricing slated to be as follows:
- BlackBerry Storm, $199.99, no debit card on either first or second Storm
- BlackBerry Curve 8330, $79.99 after a $70 debit card (after Valentine's Day, it jumps to $99.99)
- BlackBerry 8830 Global, $99.99 after $70 debit card
- BlackBerrry Pearl 8130, $19.99 after $100 debit card
A couple of non-BlackBerry devices are included in the BOGO as well. You can jump over to BGR for that. With a deal like this I think there's going to be a whole lot more BlackBerry-addicted families in the near future! Let's hope this deal pans out as above. Any takers in the audience?