Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9930 and Torch 9850 OS 7.1 update on the way
According to some keen eyed forums members, it looks like Verizon Bold 9930 and Torch 9850 users may be happy campers very soon. Some support documents on Verizon's site are showing off the above software update notice. The OS build is the same one that was released by Sprint a few weeks back, so unfortunately there won't anything different in this version. Updates in OS 7.1 include:
- Device will no longer repeatedly indicate that new software has been installed.
- Device will no longer reset while connected to a charging source.
- Device displays the correct wireless service provider while making calls or sending text messages.
- While in a global roaming condition, connect to a previously registered CDMA network without experiencing lengthy search periods.
- Improvements in home screen responsiveness and reduced touch screen lockups.
- No longer experience delays in audio reception or unexpected call termination.
- Improvements to audio quality during playback for audio files downloaded using the V CAST application.
- The zoom in and zoom functionout on the browser application renders the page properly.
- Device now supports Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot (MHS).
No word on just when the update will show, but expect it to be fairly soon.
Dicuss more in the forums