I received an email from David at Cannon Software letting me know that their popular QuickText application for the BlackBerry has been updated:
I just wanted to pass along that QuickText has been updated for the Storm. It's a free update for existing customers. They can just have QuickText check for updates (QuickText --> Menu --> About/Update --> Check for Updates) and it will update itself automatically. There's a fully functioning 14 day trial period for everyone else. Besides making text messaging much faster, this new version can also double as a speed dial list for placing calls... Simply select someone and press Send. This is especially useful for Storm users who are limited to only 9 speed-dial numbers and no labels to identify to whom they're assigned.
Not familiar with QuickText for BlackBerry smartphones? Here's the official verbage:
Tired of jumping through hoops just to send a quick SMS text message? Then QuickText is for you. It's like speed dial for text messaging. QuickText Features:
- Add John to your QuickText list, then simply press "Q" for QuickText and "J" for John. That's it!
- Storm users, just tap their name!
- Access QuickText by pressing the Q key, a Convenience Key, or simply clicking the QuickText icon. (The Q key requires a full QWERTY keypad, and the "Dial From Home Screen" option set to "No".)
- Assign a contact to any character on your keypad, including letters, numbers, or symbols.
- Assign any contact from your Address Book with the press of a key.
- Not on your QuickText list? Simply press the SPACE key to choose anyone from your Address Book, or ALT+SPACE to enter the number for a one-time use. (aka. Use Once)
- Need to call instead of text? Just select them and press the Send key. Great for Storm users!
- If you text people daily, then QuickText is a must! Try it for yourself and see!
- Fully Operational 14 Day Trial Period
- Now updated for the BlackBerry Storm!