Just last week we dropped word of NikkiSoft's QuickLaunch for the BlackBerry Storm in the blogs, and it immediately shot up our App Store's Best Sellers list to where it now sits in the #1 position! If you missed that post, you'll want to check it out for information on this must-have Storm app (along with a bunch of good comments and a hands-on video).
If you already purchased QuickLaunch, the upgrade to version 1.2 is available for free. And if you're a Storm owner and haven't purchased it yet, it sells for $4.95. As for what's new in version 1.2, here's the scoop:
The upgrade, along with some bug fixes, has introduced the following new features and changes:
- Ability to launch the BlackBerry Browser
- Menu Separators - You can now place separators between menu items for better organization. Start QuickLaunch and hit the BB menu key and select 'Add Separator'.
- Ability to send Emails to contact groups
- Memory Cleaner
- Sound Profiles
- Media Card info on the Device Info screen
- Menu Display Text length increased from 16 to 21 characters (depending on your font size some item might get cut off on the menu display if the font is too large.
- Redesigned 'Add QuickLaunch Items' screen
- Ability to launch other file types such as pdf, doc, xls and ppt etc. (see forum announcement for more details on this point)
Erik from NikkiSoft also let us know that work will soon begin to take QuickLaunch beyond the Storm and bring it to trackball BlackBerry smartphones. You'll want to stay tuned for that!