Ahh, there once was a time when I questioned how come there were not more applications for Twitter available on BlackBerry? Such is not the case any more as it seems applications for Twitter keep popping up, each one trying to better the other in functionality and now everyone has their favorites.
One of the first Twitter applications I tried out was indeed TwitterBerry and in the world of Twitter apps while I do have other clients installed, I keep TwitterBerry updated just incase one of those other applications all of a sudden stops working (it happens, no one can say it doesn't) and recently TwitterBerry got some nice updates to its beta stages which included some new features and bug fixes. Read on for the changelog!TwitterBerry 0.9 Beta 6 [April 24, 2009]
New features in Beta 6:
- Support for Twitgoo! Set your media provider to “Twitgoo” in the Configure screen
Bug fixes in Beta 6:
- Font size configuration only affects the timelines, and not the whole application
- More work on improving robustness of picture uploads
- TwitterBerry removed from the BlackBerry “Options” screen
- Properly identify the OS version when installing from the ALX zip package.
TwitterBerry 0.9 Beta 5 [April 15, 2009]
New Features in Beta 5:
- Support for yfrog! yfrog is the default media provider for TwitterBerry.
- Set font size for TwitterBerry in the “Configure” screen.
- MUCH improved list loading times and caching.
- Media URLs are sent at the end of your tweet if it begins with “@” or “D ” (direct message)
- Following and Leaving users is fixed.
- Relative timestamps on tweets are updated when the timeline is shown.