We've been waiting patiently for updates for some official apps for BlackBerry 10, and today we get a treat as both LinkedIn and Twitter have been updated for BlackBerry 10 devices. Both updates bring some new features that should make users very happy. I was hoping for a Facebook update to go along with them, but I guess that one's not quite ready yet. You should see the updates available in BlackBerry World within the next 24 hours, so if you aren't seeing them just yet, don't panic.
Twitter New Features
- Doing more on the Compose Tweet Screen – With Twitter v10.0.1, an enhanced Compose Tweet Screen allows you to take a new photo or add an existing one, add your location, and offers a shortcut for [email protected]
- Composing Direct Messages – Twitter v10.0.1 makes it easier for you to compose a Direct Message from the “Me” tab within the app. Viewing Direct Messages from your contacts is also available in the BlackBerry® Hub.
- Edit Profile – You can now edit your profile picture, header, and details from your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Conversation view – You will see the full conversation history when clicking on a Tweet.
- Improved Image Viewing – You can now view pic.twitter.com full screen images, as well as pinch to zoom and pan images from the Tweet details. Also, you can view full screen profile pictures from other Twitter users.
- Deleting Tweets – You can now delete your own tweets from any screen where your tweet is displayed. It’s as simple as holding down on a tweet and selecting the trash icon.
- Block and Report as Spam – You can now block and report users as spam.
- Enhanced Menu – Twitter v10.0.1 allows you to do more from the timeline, with new options to “Quote Tweet” after selecting “Retweet” as well as “Open Tweet” to view the tweet details page.
LinkedIn New Features
- LinkedIn Messages – LinkedIn v10.0.1 allows you to quickly message your connections from their profile page.
- Enhanced Job Search tools – With LinkedIn v10.0.1, you now have access to view, search and save jobs that are ‘Recommended’ for you.
- LinkedIn Today – Choose the LinkedIn news that matters the most, by filtering the news by Industries you are interested in.
- Better Image Viewing – LinkedIn v10.0.1 provides full screen viewing of LinkedIn profiles for an enhanced visual experience.