We told you recently that Twitter for BlackBerry 10 had been updated quite significantly, so in true CrackBerry fashion it's time for a short run through of the best bits of 'what's new' in this latest version on video.
I'm not going to bore you too much with a ton of waffle but what I will say is that this update certainly makes using the native Twitter client a lot more fun as well as adding to its productivity uses. From my own perspective the two main things that I'm loving are the ability to now have more than one account associated with the app, and secondly the 'Discover' tab which adds some sweet new goodness that looks real pretty too.
Updates in this version include:
- Multiple Accounts – Twitter for BlackBerry 10 multiple accounts With Twitter 10.2 you can now add additional Twitter accounts within the app.
- Direct Message – Twitter 10.2 allows you to view, reply and send new Direct Messages right within the app.
- Improved Refresh – Refresh twitter for BlackBerry 10 - Improved refresh always maintains your current location in the timeline.
- Discover – Twitter 10.2 offers a new Discover page that delivers a stream of Tweets, accounts to follow and more. Simply pull to refresh or scroll to see more and discover even more fascinating people to follow. Plus the Activity page provides a view into what the people you are following are doing on Twitter including who they’re following and what tweets they’re favoriting.
- Photo Save – Save a picture Twitter BlackBerry 10 - With Twitter 10.2 you can save pictures being shared on Twitter directly to your BlackBerry.
- Search Improvements – Now you can view your recent and saved searches and with Type Ahead, search suggestions are provided for you as text is entered in the search field.
- Refreshed UI – A wider timeline in all parts of the app provides a fresh new design and makes it easier to browse.
If you are thinking of making the move to BlackBerry 10 and Twitter is a key application for you I really hope this short video will give you some confidence. Nice work once again BlackBerry.