The team at Twimbow has officially announced that their Twitter client is under development for BlackBerry 10 devices and will be available when the phones launch later this year. Currently Twimbow is only available via the web, and they have chosen BlackBerry 10 as their first mobile platform. They list many reasons for choosing BlackBerry 10 over Android or iOS.
- BlackBerry 10 is the most open OS available for smartphones, way more than Android (and capable of running Android apps as well). The set of tools developers can use is incredible and you can basically port any app to that OS very easily.
- HTML5 performance: as many tests already confirmed, HTML5 performance on BlackBerry 10 is far superior than iOS or Android. It is actually outstanding. Given that Twimbow is a rich HTML5 app, porting it to BB10 is very easy and can offer incredible performances to our users
- BB10 is capable of running an HTML5 app as a native app, with a deep integration with the OS (notifications, BBM integration, UI etc.) and taking advantage of the real multi-tasking capabilities of the BB10 OS, something not available in other smartphones.
- The opportunity to be in the BB App World for the BB10 launch is huge, so we want to be there ;-)
- Some of the countries that are very important for Twimbow are historically very important for BlackBerry as well. An example? Indonesia, #2 country in terms of Twimbow registered users and now #1 in terms of daily users.
Source: Twimbow blog