Many of us have been hanging onto our Twitter addictions with the use of Twitterberry or Tinytwitter in hopes of something more. Enter Twibble. The java application was designed for Nokia N95, but works flawlessly on most Java enabled devices (like my 8330). Twibble adds much functionality and some fun features to mobile Twittering. First off is my favorite feature - the auto update. Twibble can be set to automatically retrieve Tweets which cuts down on the clicking I'm used to with Twitterberry. The coolest feature is the ability to add your GPS location to your tweets if you desire, and to locate other users who have done so.
Here is the full list of features:
- post messages via your mobile network (WiFi, UMTS, GPRS), or using text messages (SMS).
- auto refresh: twibble can retrieve tweets automatically after a given time period.
- optimized to generate as little data traffic as possible. Only new tweets are fetched to reduce data traffic.
- integrated timeline: Tweets and direct messages are displayed in a single list sorted by date. There is no need to retrieve tweets and direct messages separatly, or to switch between various lists.
- open web links contained in a tweet (via phone browser).
- re-tweet (forward) of tweets.With a few clicks you can re-send a tweet you received without re-typing.
- quick @replies
- you can add friends
- mark tweets as favourites: Useful on the road when you want to mark a tweet for later reading.
- cancel network requests (twibble is multi threaded)