Throughout the years, developers have been able to turn our devices into strobe lights for incoming calls. Whether it was BBOS or BB10, it was a way of alerting us of an incoming call if when notifications were off, or the sound profile was set to silent. Another entry into this field is Flashcaller. This native application performs the same purpose as the ones that came before, only this time it is headless.
Upon launching the application, users can modify several settings. This includes controlling how it vibrates on incoming and outgoing calls, flash speed, outgoing calls, and even the LED color.
- Strobe Effect for camera flash when you get incoming call
- Change camera flash speed from very slow to ultra-fast
- Front Led flash on incoming call
- Change front led color on incoming call
- Vibrate when call connected on incoming call
- Vibrate when call disconnect on incoming call
- Vibrate when call connected on out coming call 8) Vibrate when call disconnect on out coming call
- Change Bright or Dark theme
- Change other color for interactive look
- Secure with password so that no one change your defined settings
- Native cascade
For a limited time, the developer is offering 200 copies to our readers. The instructions on how to get yours is shown below.
- Launch BlackBerry World
- Swipe down from the top and tap on Redeem
- Enter this promo code CBFLASHCALLERSPROMOS
- Tap on the green FREE button to download
There are several permissions Flashcaller requires access to in order to function properly. This includes access to the Camera, Run in Background, BBM for sharing, LED Control, and Phone. However, please note the flash will not operate while the BlackBerry camera or video apps are active.
Flashcaller is compatible with all BlackBerry 10 handsets and is available for only $1.99.