We posted yesterday that myTrains from mxData had received a rather special update. The same has also happened for their London Underground app - Tube Map for BlackBerry 10 and it too has got super smart.
Tube Map has been around for some time - first on legacy devices and the BlackBerry 10. But things have now been taken to a new level thanks to mxDATA working alongside BlackBerry to make Tube Map very clever.
As you'll see below there's a bunch of new stuff, but having push notifications, a real time Active Frame and BBM integrated just for starters is pretty sweet.
- Official licensed Tube map from TfL (Transport for London).
- Smarter Travel enables you to set home and work stations plus manage a commute schedule all from the Tube Map Menu.
- Commute Schedule - Push notifications keep you updated on any real-time issues or delays.
- BBM integration - Your BBM profile box will be updated while you travel, letting friends know you're on the tube.
- Additional map features all stations that support Oyster PAYG services.
- Route Planner - Enter station, address or point of interest as your start and end location then let Tube Map plan your route.
- Lost? - Find your nearest station to get you back on track.
- LIVE departure boards and station information.
- Access QUICK departure view just by selecting a station on the map.
- Active Frame - See real-time information that's important to you. Tap the Frame to re-open Tube Map. It's that easy.
- Twitter integration – access to Tube Map's aggregated feed of Status and News Tweets
Tube map is free to download for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones. If you're heading to London or already live here this one is a must have app for your BlackBerry.