If you're into car racing games on your BlackBerry 10 smartphone then Toy Race may be right up your street. Available for the Z30 and Z10 only (at time of publication) this one brings colorful, fast paced action to your BlackBerry.
Accompanied by a great music sountrack, Toy Race is far from realistic - like the name suggests, but it's certainly enjoyable and maybe a bit addictive. Controls are kept nice and basic. The car auto accelerates and on either side of the display you get a tab - brake on the left and reverse on the right. Steering is done using tilt controls and it does take some getting used to, as if you crash into the barriers on each side of the track your car will come to a halt.
Up at the top left of the screen you are shown your speed - along with your position, and on the right you will find a map of the track. The map is vital on some levels as you won't always be driving in daylight. With limited vision at night you'll need to rely on the map to guide you - not an easy task.
Toy Race is priced at £1.50/$1.99 and although a decent game, I have to say that you can probably get better value for your money with other racing games. I'm not trying to discredit the dev in any way, but I can guarantee that in the comments to this post that the price will be raised - so I thought I'd get my opinion in too. Check out the video and hopefully that will help you decide whether this one is for you or not.
Full features include:
- TURBO BATTERY. Use the turbo battery to get an amazing speed!
- EASY TO PLAY. Tested controls to all devices!
- FAVORITE TOY. Find your favorite childhood toy while playing this game.
- MANY RACE TYPES. We created ten different tracks, each bringing your different obstacles and challenges
- ENHANCED FOR YOUR DEVICE. Perfect game play! This game is definitely the most easy-to-play game for your device
More information/Download Toy Race for BlackBerry 10