So you just got your brand new BlackBerry Z10 and are already knee-deep in the Hub. At first, there's an awful lot that's familiar here to BlackBerry veterans, but there are a whole bunch of tips and tricks that old-schoolers and noobies alike may miss at first.
BlackBerry always had a unified inbox, but the BlackBerry 10 Hub is much more than that. Seeing as this is where every kind of notification is lumped together, it seemed important to highlight some less-than-obvious tips that can make getting around the Hub a ton easier.
Without further ado, here are our top ten BlackBerry 10 Hub tips!
TEN MUST-KNOW BLACKBERRY 10 HUB TIPS
1. Peek into the Hub from anywhere by swiping up and to the right from the bottom of the screen.
2. Swiping up from the bottom of the Hub while keeping a finger on screen pulls in a compact sidebar with a notification count, similar to the standard peek gesture.
3. Instead of long-pressing, releasing, and tapping again on the contextual menu, drag your finger following the pop-up and release on the command you wish to select. Additional contextual options are hidden behind an overflow menu represented by an icon with three dots.
4. Long press a date marker to mark prior opened in the contextual menu.
5. Scroll up past the top of your messages to see your upcoming calendar items.
6. Tap the bottom-left icon to filter which notifications are shown in the Hub.
7. To select multiple messages, long press on a single one and pick Select More.
8. To remove sections from the Hub, tap the overflow menu button in the bottom-right, go to Settings, Hub Management, and toggle at will.
9. To hide the unread count from the Hub filter pane, tap the overflow menu in the bottom-right, tap Settings, and Display and Actions. After toggling Display Message Count, the count will still show up from the lock screen.
10. To jump back to Hub filter navigation, swipe to the right from the back button in the bottom left (see video explanation). This will summon a compact root-level filter menu, so you can jump elsewhere without having to swipe back multiple times to get to the primary Hub screen.
More BlackBerry 10 Tips and Tricks
BlackBerry Z10 owners, what hidden gems have you found in the Hub? Are there any shortcuts you miss from the old BlackBerry OS?
Get BlackBerry 10 Help in CrackBerry's BlackBerry 10 Forums
Check out our BlackBerry 10 Keyboard tips
Check out our BlackBerry 10 E-mail tips
Check out our BlackBerry 10 Browser tips
View more BlackBerry 10 Help Articles