Your life is full of people, and so is your BlackBerry; that said, you're probably going to be spending a lot of time in the Contacts app in BlackBerry 10, so we wanted to help make sure you were getting the most out of it.
Handling contacts on the BlackBerry Z10 is very similar to what most BlackBerry users have become accustomed to, but old and new users alike may find a few useful tidbits in our top ten tips below...
TOP TEN MUST-KNOW BLACKBERRY 10 CONTACTS TIPS
1. Choose which networks feed contacts into your address book by swiping down from the top of the Contacts screen, tapping settings, and toggling networks.
2. Contacts can be added from the Hub and the phone app by long-pressing their latest correspondence and tapping Add to Contacts from the context menu.
3. Contact profile pictures can be changed by tapping their image when looking at their card.
4. Social updates can be shown under the Updates tab of a contact, so long as Find More Contact Details is enabled from the Contacts Settings.
5. Important people can be marked as favorites from the context menu for easy access from the left-side pane in Contacts.
6. Contacts can be set to speed dial by long-pressing their latest call in the phone app, and selecting Add to Speed Dial. Existing Speed Dial contacts can also be removed from the contextual menu.
7. Speed up navigation within Contacts by tapping and scrolling down the row of letters on the right side.
8. Contact information spread between different social networks can be linked together so all of their information is found in one place - just tap the Links icon at the bottom of the contact card.
9. Filter the which network's contacts you're viewing by tapping the icon in the bottom-left.
10. Tap on a contact's address to launch into BlackBerry Maps and navigate to their location. From BlackBerry Maps, mark them as favorites under My Maps for easy future access.
More BlackBerry 10 Tips and Tricks
As you can tell, the Contacts app is just as socially connected as ever, plus there are a bunch of new tricks to make sure you stay in touch with the people that are important in your life. Are there any shortcuts you miss from the old BlackBerry OS? Maybe you Z10 owners have a few other tips you'd like to share with the class...
CrackBerry is in no way Affiliated with BlackBerry. We take pride in our unbiased content, however do occasionally receive free products from vendors that we review or discuss. For more info click here.