The BlackBerry 10 calendar continues the tradition of being powerfully practical and easy to use. Thanks to a handful of acquisitions, BlackBerry's calendar is now more social-powered than ever, plus there are a few new subtle touches that will be refreshing to those that have lived by the BlackBerry calendar for years already. We've rounded up some tips that every new BlackBerry Z10 owner should know about before booking their next appointment. Check 'em out!
1. Calendar colors can be changed by swiping down from the top of the Calendar app, tapping Settings, and choosing Calendar Colors.
2. Your upcoming calendar items are tucked above the messages in the Hub, just scroll up.
3. Calendar appointments can be created from the Hub by long-pressing a message and selecting Invite to Meeting. Its description will be populated with information from the message.
4. Swap between full schedule, agenda, or people-based calendar views by tapping the date bar at the top of the Calendar.
5. Appointments with dial-in information for conference calls will automatically pop up with a shortcut to initiate the call.
6. Active calendars being shown can be set by swiping down from the top of the Calendar app and selecting Manage.
7. All-day events can be created by tapping the "24" icon at the top of a calendar date.
8. To get a quick look at the next four months, swipe down from the month view. From there swipe left or right to navigate further into the year.
9. Days with bigger numbers in the Month view have more meetings booked.
10. Calendars can be disconnected from the BlackBerry by swiping down from the top of the home screen, tapping Settings, diving into Accounts, tapping the calendar you want to get rid of, then selecting the delete button at the bottom. For ActiveSync accounts, this may be a toggle switch instead.
With all of that, hopefully we've been able to save you a few minutes here and there. How packed is your BlackBerry calendar? How much are you affected by limited access to shared calendars? Are there any shortcuts you miss from the old BlackBerry OS?
Get BlackBerry 10 Help in CrackBerry's BlackBerry 10 Forums
Check out our BlackBerry 10 Hub tips
Check out our BlackBerry 10 E-mail tips
Check out our BlackBerry 10 Browser tips
Check out our BlackBerry 10 camera tips
Check out our BlackBerry 10 phone tips
View more BlackBerry 10 Help Articles