We first took a look at Tiny Bird some time ago as it was available for both the PlayBook and BlackBerry 7 devices. However, it is now here for BlackBerry 10 and there is a free version just to whet your appetite.
If you missed our previous review the concept of the game is real simple. You control Tiny Bird who will fly across the screen and you need to pick up goodies along the way. Controlling him is super easy. Just touch the screen for him to move down as he descends a hill and release as he goes up to gain extra height. Playing the game for the first few times does get some getting used to as the controls kind of feel un-natural at first. But fear not, you soon pick it up.
The game is smooth and can be fast paced once you get good at it. A perfect one for the commute to work maybe?
Features of the game include:
- Single mode. Help Tiny Bird to escape the scary storms.
- Multiplayer mode. Play with different players around the world.(limited)
- Procedural island generation
- Procedural graphics
- Simple one button(one touch) control
- Fly through the clouds
- Cute graphics and nice animation
- Score multiplier increases with each nest upgrade
- Various goals made the game even more interesting
- BlackBerry Messenger integration
The free version of Tiny Bird will allow you to unlock the first four islands. After that if you choose to purchase the full version it will cost you $0.99/£0.75 which is pretty good value for money. Give the free one a go and see how you get on. Please note though, it's only available for the BlackBerry Z10.