Third party Facebook chat app Messenger now available from BlackBerry World
Developer Nemory Oliver, behind the Snap2Chat app, has been working on his next app, a native Facebook messenger app. In has been available to download via the CrackBerry forums in beta form. Now, after a few versions, Messenger is now ready for primetime and is available from BlackBerry World.
If you didn't out the beta version, you can take a look at our hands on video to see the app in action. It's a pretty swift app and if you use Facebook chat a lot then you should definitely give it a look.
- Real Time Sending and Receiving Chats (no refreshing required)
- Stunningly Beautiful Design
- Start a Conversation
- Send Stickers (via plain text Links/URL)
- Update your Facebook Status within the App
- Very Fast and Fluid Performance
- Sent / Received Date and Time
- Jump to Top and Bottom (Floating Buttons)
- Filter / Search Friends via Name, Online/Offline/Idle Presence
- Sound & LED Notifications
- Sent or Received Indicator
- Load Older Conversations and Messages
- Change Color Theme (Dark / Bright)
- Share a specific message
- Copy & Paste Chat Messages
- Works in Landscape and Portrait
- Clear Cache
- Pull to Refresh
- Can display received Image Attachment
- Friend Typing Notifications
- Shows Online, Offline, Idle, All Friends
- Swipe Right to Close Chat
- Active Email Support
Messenger is available for all BlackBerry 10 devices and costs $1.99. Like I said it's slick app and runs fast. It's native and we should support developers continually bringing us great apps to use.
One thing to note is that Messenger doesn't support replying to group chats. This is due to Facebook API limitations. If this was currently possible the developer would have implemented it.
Learn more / Download Messenger from BlackBerry World