From the looks of things T-Mobile may be the next in line to offer up an official OS update for the Bold 9700. Its been a while since we've seen a leak for this device, so we can hope that this version is good enough to get the job done. This internal doc shows the upgrade is slated to roll out OTA starting May 11th, and also that some may receive devices with the software as early as last week. Fixes include:
- Increased general OS stability (less battery pulls/lag etc.)
- Improvements to the messaging experience such as, a separate icon for BES e-mail, improvements to chat view SMS interface, and an improved BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) client.
- General Visual Voicemail improvements
- Resolve 3G drop call issue
- Mobile Backup Support
- Improvements to TrackPad performance
Fingers crossed that this holds true, but we'll know for sure in about a week. If you have received a newer device from T-Mobile with the software installed, or you see the Wireless Update icon pop up, be sure to drop a comment and let us know.