T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Torch 9810 OS 7.1 updates now available
on 13 Mar 2012 10:06 pm EDT
After a few false starts, T-Mobile has now gone ahead and announced the official availability of BlackBerry 7.1 for both the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and BlackBerry Torch 9810. With them officially supporting it now, they're making use of some of the great features built into BlackBerry 7.1:
The new BlackBerry OS 7.1 has the following features.
- Wi-Fi Calling: Allows you to make calls over a Wi-Fi network. Does not support handoffs to cell network, so calls will drop when you leave the Wi-Fi coverage.
- Mobile HotSpot/USB tethering: Allows you to connect up to five devices to the internet through your BlackBerry device.
- Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS): A personalized emergency alert system designed to alert people of nearby threats or emergencies.
- BBM Music: A new feature that lets you download 50 tracks when you sign up and up to 25 tracks per month.
- Bing search: Device searches also uses Bing to provide additional search results.
- BlackBerry Device Analyzer: Lets you perform diagnostic tests to check for errors or issues, which can help you resolve device problems without having to call Customer Care. Check out the What is the BlackBerry Device Analyzer to learn more.
You can check for updates right now on your devices or fire up desktop manager to grab the update. If you prefer downloadng it later and doing it yourself, you can grab the install files from the links below for OS 184.108.40.2064.
Download OS 220.127.116.114 for the BlackBerry Bold 9900
Download OS 18.104.22.1684 for the BlackBerry Torch 9810