** Updated ** Monday, Sept. 24th:
The T-Mobile BlackBerry 8320 is Now Available at T-Mobile.com!
** Updated ** Tuesday, Sept. 25th:
RIM & T-Mobile Officially Announce 8320. Read Press Release >>
That's right T-Mobile users, the highly-anticipated BlackBerry 8320 is now available! Looking at the talk in the CrackBerry forums, T-Mobile users across the United States are either ordering their new 8320 from T-Mobile Customer Service or are picking it up directly from outlets (though by the sounds of it not every T-Mobile outlet is guaranteed to have it ready for sale just yet). It's not up on the T-Mobile site for new purchase just yet, but if you are an existing customer and log into your T-Mobile.com account you might just see the BlackBerry 8320 available as an upgrade.
The real decision for T-Mobile users looking to purchase the BlackBerry 8320 is which color to buy. The WiFi equipped BlackBerry 8320 is available in both Platinum and Gold. Tough Choice! Which are you going with?
Look for an in-depth CrackBerry.com review early this week. In the meantime, connect with other T-Mobile users picking up their new 8320 devices here!
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
T-Mobile and RIM Introduce BlackBerry Curve 8320 With Wi-Fi Calling Feature
Now Available, the BlackBerry Curve 8320 From T-Mobile Is the First All-In-One Handset Designed to Work With T-Mobile HotSpot @Home
Bellevue, Wash., and Waterloo, ON - T-Mobile USA, Inc., and Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM: TSX: RIM) announced the Wi-Fi®-enabled BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320, the first BlackBerry® handset available in the U.S. that supports T-Mobile® HotSpot @HomeSM over a Wi-Fi connection and great in-home mobile coverage.
Available in two distinct finishes – titanium and pale gold – the BlackBerry Curve 8320 from T-Mobile strikes a unique balance of design, features and functionality that’s as perfect for staying close to friends and family as it is for a busy day at work. Available from T-Mobile in the U.S., the BlackBerry Curve 8320 features RIM’s smallest and lightest full-QWERTY handset design.
With built-in support for T-Mobile HotSpot @Home, customers can enjoy great mobile coverage and, with the [email protected] Add-On Plan, customers can enjoy unlimited calling over a Wi-Fi network as well as unlimited Wi-Fi calling at nearly 8,500 T-Mobile HotSpot locations nationwide. When you leave home or a T-Mobile HotSpot, calls are seamlessly transferred onto T-Mobile’s wireless network, and the same is true for transferring calls from T-Mobile’s network onto Wi-Fi networks. T-Mobile introduced its HotSpot @Home service in June.
The BlackBerry Curve 8320 provides advanced multimedia capabilities including a two-megapixel camera, a music and video player, a 3.5mm stereo headset jack and a microSD card slot for expandable memory storage. Access to personal and corporate e-mail accounts and Web browsing is fast and easy thanks to the powerful BlackBerry platform, Wi-Fi connectivity and T-Mobile’s robust nationwide EDGE network.
“Consumers have adopted the HotSpot @Home service because it provides great in-home coverage and unsurpassed value. The BlackBerry Curve from T-Mobile further extends the appeal for HotSpot @Home by adding a compelling all-in-on device with Wi-Fi,” said Leslie Grandy, vice president of Product Development at T-Mobile USA. “The BlackBerry Curve is an ideal companion for staying connected to friends, family and life while at home, at work or on the go.”
“The evolution of the BlackBerry platform is at a particularly exciting stage where we are able to synthesize an amazing array of technologies and features to enhance the user experience,” said Mike Lazaridis, president and co-CEO at Research In Motion. “Together with T-Mobile’s Wi-Fi and cellular services, the new BlackBerry Curve 8320 provides customers with an extremely powerful communications and multimedia solution in a mobile handset that remains sleek and easy to use.”
Key features of the BlackBerry Curve 8320 from T-Mobile include*:
- Impressively small and lightweight design at 4.2'' x 2.4'' x 0.6'' and approximately 3.9 oz.
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) connectivity for expanded coverage, as well as faster Web browsing and file downloading
- Support for T-Mobile HotSpot @Home add-on plan
- Enabled for T-Mobile’s myFavesSM so customers can stay in touch with those who matter most with quick, one-click access via instant message, e-mail, or by calling or texting their five favorite contacts from the home screen
- Popular instant messaging clients: AOL®, Yahoo!® Windows Live®, Google® and ICQ®
- 2-megapixel camera with 5x digital zoom, built-in flash, self-portrait mirror and full-screen viewfinder
- Advanced media player with search capabilities, full-screen video playback, stereo Bluetooth® support (A2DP/AVRCP), 3.5mm full-size stereo headset jack and dedicated volume controls - supports MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA audio and MPEG4, H.263 and WMV video formats
- Roxio® Media Manager for BlackBerry® (included with BlackBerry® Desktop Manager software), which allows customers to easily search for media files on their computers, view and organize them, create MP3 music files from CDs, add audio tags, create playlists and automatically copy or convert pictures, music and videos for optimal playback
- High-performance HTML browser for visiting favorite Web sites while on the go
- Incredibly intuitive user interface with an easy-to-use trackball, dedicated 'menu' and 'escape' keys, and context-sensitive menus that make navigation feel instinctive and fast
- Full QWERTY keyboard for easy text entry
- Large, ultra-bright 320x240 color display for vibrant imagery
- Innovative light-sensing technology that automatically optimizes the screen, trackball and keyboard lighting for indoor, outdoor and dark environments
- E-mail and memo spell-checking available in various languages including English, French, Italian, German and Spanish
- Premium phone features with Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), dedicated 'send', 'end' and 'mute' keys, noise-cancellation technology to offset background noise, a low-distortion speakerphone for hands-free conversations, and Bluetooth® support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits and Bluetooth peripherals
- Intuitive call management features such as smart dialing, conference calling, speed dialing and call forwarding
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE/Wi-Fi network support for international roaming
- BlackBerry Maps, a mapping application that provides customers with driving directions
- Built-in Handango™ InHand catalog of additional software applications available for download
- Support for polyphonic, MP3 and MIDI ring tones
- Expandable memory storage via microSD expansion slot
- Ultra-thin, high-capacity, removable battery that further extends the exceptional battery life for which BlackBerry smartphones are known
- BlackBerry® Internet Service support allowing access to up to 10 supported e-mail accounts, including most popular ISP e-mail accounts such as Yahoo!®, AOL® and Gmail®
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support tightly integrated with IBM Lotus® Domino®, Microsoft® Exchange, and Novell® GroupWise®, and featuring IT policy controls for IT departments to manage usage and deployments
The new BlackBerry Curve 8320 from T-Mobile is available at T-Mobile retail stores, select authorized dealers, online at www.t-mobile.com, or by calling 1-800-T-MOBILE. For more information about T-Mobile HotSpot @Home, please visit www.theonlyphoneyouneed.com. For more information about the BlackBerry Curve 8320, please visit www.blackberry.com/blackberrycurve8320.
About T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile USA, Inc., is a member of the T-Mobile International group, one of the world’s leading companies in mobile communications, and the mobile telecommunications subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG (NYSE: DT). By the end of the second quarter of 2007, approximately 112 million mobile customers were served by the mobile segment of the Deutsche Telekom group — 27 million by T-Mobile USA — all via a common technology platform based on GSM, the world’s most widely used digital wireless standard. T-Mobile’s innovative wireless products and services help empower people to connect effortlessly to those who matter most. Multiple independent research studies continue to rank T-Mobile highest, in numerous regions throughout the U.S., in wireless call quality and wireless customer care. For more information, please visitwww.t-mobile.com. T-Mobile and the HotSpot design are registered trademarks of Deutsche Telekom AG. myFaves, the myFaves design, and HotSpot @Home are service marks, of T-Mobile USA, Inc.
About Research In Motion (RIM)
Research In Motion is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and services that support multiple wireless network standards, RIM provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to time-sensitive information including email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet and intranet-based applications. RIM technology also enables a broad array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services with wireless connectivity to data. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies are used by thousands of organizations around the world and include the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld™ product line, software development tools, radio-modems and software/hardware licensing agreements. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. RIM is listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market (Nasdaq: RIMM) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RIM). For more information, visit www.rim.com or www.blackberry.com.
*Use of some features incurs separate, additional charges. See T-Mobile.com for rate plan information, charges for features and services, and other details.