For those of you that prefer to use the third party app SuperTube, instead of watching videos using the native BlackBerry 10 browser, you'll be pleased to hear that a new version of the app is now available. This latest version brings us some new features as well as plenty of fixes which have been ironed out.
New in the latest version:
- Added direct link to upload your own local videos to YouTube
- Added the choice of country region to let display videos from that particular region when listing most popular videos usually used by starting page (in the filters drop down)
- Added the choice of listing videos with a chosen language (in the filters drop down}
- 'Use your location to search' has been removed
- Added the subscribe now action long press in the Channels tab
- In the filters drop down, there is now a choice to sort preloaded videos by published time, duration, view count or title
- Fixed the published date displayed in favorites, watch later, playlists
- Now Passport touch keyboard is supported
- Fixed bug that a wrong video played within preloaded list
- Various other bug fixes
Back in early 2014 we ran a poll asking if BlackBerry 10 users preferred to use the browser over a third party app and the results were very much in favour of the web browser. That said, 25% of voters said that they use a third party app and as there are only a couple of decent ones available that leaves plenty of folk using SuperTube. If you've not tried SuperTube before why not check it out now? There's both a free and paid version to suit your requirements.