It's been a while since we looked at SteroTube - in fact the last time I wrote about it was when I did a quick video review for the PlayBook. The BlackBerry 10 version has now been updated with a host of new features - including VEVO video support.
The application is the perfect way to create your own playlists of not only YouTube content, but also the MP3's you already have on your BlackBerry. SteroTube is currently on sale for a limited time - priced at $1.99 so you may want to get in quick. If you fancy checking out the initial video we did you can catch it here.
New in version 2.5:
- VEVO videos support, the only app YouTube that doesn't use a hack to play VEVO music videos
- The "Favorites", "Likes" & "Watch later" YouTube default playlists are now present in the app
- YouTube playlists can have more than 50 songs and all of them will be seen by the app
- Auto enter/exit fullscreen on phone rotation
- Phone Search integration, even if the app is not open, you can type the name of an artist/song in the phone's main search screen, and then tap the StereoTube icon, and you'll get directly to a page with results for that artist/song
- Songs from the main playlist can be deleted and shared by tap and hold on any of them
- Major performance improvements
- OS 10.2 compatibility
- Minor changes to make it compatible with Built for BlackBerry program