The original game of Sparkle was released back in 2007 and saw huge success on other platforms. Sparkle 2 was rolled out for iOS recently and now the developers have gone all the way and released it for Symbian, Windows 8, webOS and BlackBerry 10 - and what a beauty it is.
We've seen our fair share of bubble/orb popping games on BlackBerry 10 but this one really stands out from the crowd. The graphics and colors are mind blowing, the music and sound effects are A+ and the game play is as smooth as the smoothest thing in the world!
Once the game launches for the first time you are taken through a kind of video story and where I normally try to skip these I was sucked in for some reason. Then it's onto the game itself. You control the 'orb gun' and as the colored orbs come racing around the track you must fire the corresponding color at them. Get three or more in a row and they explode. The idea is to not let them get to the end of the track or you will fail the level. The good thing about the orb gun is you can see what colored orb is due next so if you get two in a row the same color you can fire them off in quick succession which really helps .
Once a level is completed you are taken to a map where you will see your progress around a jungle. From here you can also view your achievements and as there are bonuses to collect along the way you can switch between them. For example - there is a speed up one and also a tranquil one which takes longer to complete the level but things are a bit more chilled out.
Available for the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 everyone can enjoy the fun. The game is priced at $4.99/£3.50 which is in the upper end of the scale but if you like this style of game this is the ultimate one to get.
Features of Sparkle 2 include:
- Experience unrestricted premium action puzzle gaming
- Admire state of the art special effects
- Explore three game modes: Story, Survival, and Challenge
- Discover over 90 unique levels throughout the story
- Supercharge your Slinger with over 200 combinations of 16 different Enchantments
- Find exciting locations and delve into the mystery
- Immerse yourself in a story narrated with professional voice overs
- Enjoy the soundtrack by the award-winning composer Jonathan Geer