One of my favorite apps on BlackBerry 10 just received an update. Until QuickPost landed on BlackBerry 10, I was actually using Buffer to post to all the social media accounts I have. However, Buffer is an Android port so I wasn't able to make use of the Share option via the browser. So, I was definitely glad to see an app like QuickPost come in all its native glory.
This latest QuickPost update brings it to version 18.104.22.168. With it comes lots of new features and a couple of new UI tweaks. What I love about QuickPost is that it integrates with the accounts you use on your BlackBerry 10 device. There is no set up required. And you can also post to BBM Channels.
What's new in QuickPost?
- BlackBerry Z30 support!
- Improved Quick Attach! Upload photos and messages with Quick Copy!
- Quick Switch! Easily toggle between Quick Post and Quick Attach!
- Quick-er Post! Skip the home screen, and begin a new post when opening or returning to QuickPost.
- Auto Minimize! After posting, QuickPost helps to keep you moving by automatically minimizing itself.
- Touch Anywhere! Touch anywhere returns, allowing you to touch anywhere on the home screen to begin a new post.
- Settings! Many new settings have been added!
- Quick-er Post toggle
- Auto Minimize toggle
- Touch Anywhere toggle
- Enable BBM Channels: Toggle BBM Channels on/off.
- Support QuickPost: If there is room, add #QuickPost to tweets.
- Performance enhancements throughout, meaning less waiting and more posting.
- Improved application menu with easy access to review QuickPost.
- The Cancel and Post buttons have changed to fancy new icons!
- Quick Attach image preview is now rotated correctly.
- Quick Copy allows you to type your image caption once and paste it as you share!
If you haven't tried out QuickPost yet. It basically allows you to post to the multiple social media sites in one go. It certainly makes it a lot easier for me to share things to the various social sites I have accounts with. You can check out our hands on demo of an earlier version. The update is free for anyone who has already purchased the app. If you haven't yet got QuickPost, it will cost you $0.99 and is available for all BlackBerry 10 devices.