SmartWiFi Automatically Turns Off WiFi to Save Battery Life
If you are a power user that constantly feels the drain WiFi can put on your battery, SmartWiFi from S4BB may be just what you need. The app combines cell tower and Wifi data and automatically turns off WiFi when you aren't in a "hotspot area". The app remembers your locations (home, office, etc) and shuts down WiFi when you aren't in a service area to save on battery life. When you arrive at a known hotspot, the app powers up WiFi again allowing you to reconnect. The app features:
- Saves battery by turning off WiFi when not needed.
- Remembers the WiFi locations you use.
- Up to 100 WiFi locations supported!
- Powers WiFi back on when you are back at WiFi coverage.
- Saves battery by avoiding to constantly check for available WiFi hotspots.
- Displays useful information: BSSID, SSID, Data Rate, Radio Band & Signal Level.
- Supported mobile devices: GSM / GPRS, CDMA and iDEN.
Check out the video above for a quick look at how the app works. SmartWiFi is on sale for just $4.99 through January 29th (regularly $9.99) in the CrackBerry App Store and is available in App World.