A new update for Skype is currently rolling out. Noted as version 6.11, this release brings the ability to save video messages, share photos directly from your photo gallery to group conversations, and more.
- Save video messages – When you record or receive a memorable video message that you want to keep, just tap on it to save it to your phone's photo gallery.
- Manage conversations – Long tap on a contact or chat in the Recents tab to bring up a new toolbar to delete, mark as read, or mute notifications.
- Enhanced search – Search for conversation content, in addition to contacts and group names.
- Share with groups – Share photos from your photo gallery directly to a Skype group conversation. Additionally, in group chats, you can tap on images and files to forward them to another contact or group.
- Upgraded Mojis – Received a cool Moji? Just tap on it to forward it to another friend or to a group. Also, Mojis don't automatically play again when you forward them, you can decide if you want to play it again by tapping on it.
Overall, the update sounds pretty solid and I'm sure the ability to save video messages will be useful to many people. If you're a Priv owner, the update is showing in the Google Play Store right now. If you're on BlackBerry 10, you will have to wait for the version to be updated through the Amazon App Store or use alternative methods.