If you are a person always searching for ways to be more productive and reducing the number of clicks it takes to perform actions then this application is for you. Designed for those who prefer typing over clicking, we've featured Shortcuts before in the weekly roundup and it is an extremely useful tool for invoking your most common actions by just typing one, two, or three keystrokes in the BlackBerry 10 search box or by creating a home screen shortcut to these functions.
Since our last look at this impressive application the developer has been hard at work adding a few features to improve how it operates. You can find the change log below as well as the full list of capabilities.
- Voice Note with subsequent playing and sharing
- Voice Note that is attached to email with preconfigured details (subject, contacts, body)
- Option to create shortcut on home screen with icon selection from stock of more then 1300 icons. User can also pick any image from his device or picture from contact
- Composing emails: message body, subject and recipients list are configurable
- Composing text messages: message body and recipients list are configurable
- Making phone call
- Making BBM Video and Voice call: dialing is supported by both pin and BlackBerry ID
- Opening URLs. You can configure shortcut directly from Browser using Share functionality.
- Copying predefined set to the clipboard
- Recording voice note. Once voice note recording, media player will open where you can listen and share (email, MMS, BBM, WhatsAppp, DropBox, etc) your just recorded voice note
- Record voice note and instant sending the note to predefined list of emails. Both subject and email text can be predefined too.
Whether you wish to compose an email or SMS (and create a template), open a link in the browser, initiate a BBM Voice or Video Call, copy text to clipboard, or make a voice phone, this application creates these shortcuts with ease. Available for BlackBerry 10, you can grab this application for $1.99.