So you’ve picked up your new BlackBerry running OS 7 and you’re looking through the CrackBerry AppStore to see which apps you can install. ShortcutMe is one of the most popular shortcut creating applications available. As I’ve said many times before, it increases the number of functions available on your convenience key. No more are you limited to one application; now you have multiple applications and can make use of macros to take shortcuts even further. You can set it to go to a favourite mobile site, and paste information in a text box from your clipboard (just an example). Sam, from Fonware, let us know that the most recent version of ShortcutMe, version 5.7 is OS 7 ready. The application now runs the Bold 9900/9930 and Torch 9810. Support for the Torch 9850 and 9860 will follow soon.
New in 5.7:
- Added NFC_Toggle function. (all other toggle features are intact and functional, but thanks to macros in ShortcutMe you can always make your own toggle functions or correct them if they are toggling the wrong item)
- Added GetTime macro GetTime returns device clock. It can be used to control the flow in your macros based on time of the day.
- Keypad Stroke Launching You can now launch your shortcuts just by moving finger on the virtual keypad, a very quick and convenient way of launching shortcuts.
- Swipe to Switch You can now swipe your finger (top of the BB screen) toward left to switch between ShortcutMe views (Main menu, Direct launch, Stroke View, MultiClick View).
- Swipe to Edit You can now swipe your finger (on a shortcut) towards right to open Edit page for that shortcut.
- Launch shortcuts by multiple clicking a media key A shortcut in ShortcutMe 5.7 can be launched directly by multiple clicking a media key if you have MediaKeyBooster app.
- True One Click Shortcut Launch A shortcut in ShortcutMe 5.7 can be launched directly by entering a hot key on BB Home Screen if you have MyOwnIcons application.
- Auto virtual keypad hide when 99xx keypad is used.
For Today only, ShortcutMe is available for 20% off the regular price of $4.99. You can pick up ShortcutMe from the CrackBerry App Store.