Our BlackBerry devices already come with security for locking and password protecting our handsets. However, there is nothing wrong with employing an extra layer of safeguarding your personal information. SecureX is a native pattern and number lock app application. It offers an array of options and features to ensure that your BlackBerry remains locked and protected at all times.
When you install the application, you will be prompted to create a numerical password and you can also set a recovery password if you forget the passcode or pattern. By going into settings, users may set how SecureX functions. Under the General Tab you can choose between a pattern or numerical password, set the inactivity period (from one minute to one hour) for when it should be in use, choose to launch an application upon being unlocked, and even to allow calls while the device is locked. In addition, users can set the maximum number of times an incorrect password can be entered, choose lock sounds, and customize the lock screen.
Once all options are selected and saved you can exit the application, and it will do the rest. When your device is locked, a popup appears alerting you. All you have to do is tap on the "Unlock" button, and it will take you to the passcode or pattern screen.
- The only truly Pattern Lock for BlackBerry 10
- Use BlackBerry SHA256 library for the Passcode and Pattern
- Lock on System Reset
- Security question if you forget your Pass Code or Pattern. Security answer is encrypted with AES
- Lot of customizations
- Launch different application when device is unlocked
- Works with the system Device Password
- Can unlock the device faster using SecureX
- Security time if passcode or pattern is incorrectly entered x number of times
- Fun and easy to use
- Install different Themes and you can even create your own Themes
Lock Screen Customization
- Set a custom background picture for the Lock Screen
- Set a different Theme color: Default White, Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Red, Yellow or Blank. Tons of custom Themes from other designers
- Set custom picture for each buttons
- Show Phone icon on the lock screen for emergency call
- Show Time on the lock screen
As shown above, an advantage of this application is the use of themes. You can install different themes, create your own, and even use custom wallpaper. It is this element of customization that users will find useful. You can go to toysoft.ca/SecureXThemes.html for the full tutorial on how to download and install them. There are already a few user made ones to choose from that are quite beautiful. They are also compatible with Pattern Lock Pro, recently discussed in the roundup. You must unzip these files in the misc/Locker/theme/custom folder. Using File Manager you can locate this directory on your Device Memory, not on your memory card. What this means is not only can a user set the background image but the numbers and patterns that appear on the lock screen. Once complete, all you have to do is launch the app, select Theme and use the drop down to select it.
SecureX is easy to use and is a decent alternative to using Device Password to lock your BlackBerry on OS 10.3.1 and higher. You can purchase it for $1.99.