Shoppers in the UK will be loving this one - Sainsbury's now have a native BlackBerry 10 application. As one of the top supermarkets in the country, consumers can now not only keep a track of how many Nectar points they have built up, but there are plenty of deals and extra features built in.
The Sainsbury's app is available for all BlackBerry 10 devices and is free to download. Once installed you just enter your Nectar card number, name and post code and you'll be up and running. As you will see from the list of features below there's some good stuff on offer. I particularly like the way they have incorporated meal plans and recipes into the app - meaning you can plan your food all from the palm of your hand.
Let's hope the other big supermarket/grocery chains follow suit and get some BlackBerry 10 action going on.
Full features of the Sainsbury's app include:
- Your Nectar points balance and Nectar information, 24/7.
- Exclusive Nectar bonus point offers, specially selected for you.
- Deals picked for you: Check out your personalised top deals available instore and online. Your top 15 offers are based on your shopping history at Sainsbury's and deals we think you might like.
- Hundreds of regularly updated top deals available throughout our stores.
- Shop online when you're on the go, for groceries and a range of other products, from furniture for your home or garden, to toys and electricals.
- A handy store locator: find your nearest Sainsbury's store and information about its opening hours and facilities.
- Meal plans and recipe ideas to help make feeding your family even easier.
- Tell Sainsbury's: Feed back about your experience with Sainsbury's