If you're going to be in the New York City area on August 11 & 12 and are a BlackBerry developer then you'll certainly want to check out the BBM Apps Hackathon that will be happening. It's going to be a two-day workshop concentrating on the new BBM Social Platform:
Use the BBM Social Platform to virally introduce your app to a wider audience, or integrate the powerful BBM features in your app to give it a new social dimension and use the BBM Social Platform to virally introduce your app to a wider audience.
- Aug 11-12, 2011 at the Ace Hotel in New York City
- Fast-paced exclusive workshop
- Turn your App idea into reality
- Interact with BlackBerry® product experts through presentations, Q&A and development
- Don't worry, your idea is still your idea. All intellectual property remains with the original owner
If you're interested in attending but can't fund the trip -- then you now have a chance to be chosen as one of ten winners to go. You can hit up the BBM Apps Hackathon website for the full details, plus -- you can also include your app into this years BlackBerry Developer Challenge.
*UPDATE* Sit tight folks... we have some more details coming in for this one. However, right now -- I can say we will be choosing one BlackBerry developer from within the CrackBerry community to represent CrackBerry in NYC at the BBM Apps Hackathon*