Today Verizon and RIM have announced the release of the BlackBerry 8830 World Edition Smartphone. The phone will be available May 14 through Verizon business sales channels... And will be available in Verizon stores May 28.
Global BlackBerry service will also be available May 14. What does this mean? In a nutshell it means you can get wireless email and the convenience of ONE local number for domestic and international use in Australia, Europe, Asia, Latin America, North America, the Middle East, and parts of Africa.
Some features of the new phone:
- EV-DO/GPRS network connection for high-speed data transfer in more than 60 countries
- GSM/GPRS (900/1800 MHz) for continued voice and e-mail while traveling internationally
- Auto-selection of CDMA/GSM Mode
- Thin form factor of just 14mm for both style and easy handling
- New Trackball navigation system
- Media player
- Expandable memory option with microSDTM card (sold separately)
- Bluetooth® capabilities for certain profiles inclusive of hands-free, dial-up networking and serial port
- Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD)
- Instant Messaging capabilities for quick and easy communication