When it comes to using a case on your BlackBerry Q10 I would imagine that us users fall into two categories. Those who love a case for protection and those who enjoy the naked feel of their BlackBerry 10 smartphone. The Seidio CONVERT Holster Combo certainly won't be for everyone as it's chunky and many folk don't favor a holster, but for some people in particular it's going to absolutely perfect.
This one all comes down to the level of protection you need. You can't get much more than with the likes of the Seidio CONVERT Combo as you'll see in the following video. For the average person on the street you may well want something a bit more streamlined and less bulky, but if you're in a profession where your BlackBerry is at risk of knocks and drops then this one is well worth considering. I'm thinking along the lines of construction workers, police officers or EMS - jobs where you are going to want your device protected but also within easy access.
This particular product from Seidio is made up of three main parts:
Seidio SURFACE Case
- 1mm thin case provides scratch protection without adding bulk
- Designed from a hard, yet flexible material
- Seidio's signature Soft Touch coating
- Simple slide-in design makes installation and removal easy
- Precision cutouts for port, controls, camera
Rugged Skin and Skeleton
- Fits over Surface case
- All controls are covered to keep dust and dirt out and remain functional
- Ports and camera are covered, but silicone covers can be removed
- Plastic frame fits over the back of the case for tighter fit and added protection
- Fits up to a 1.5" duty or utility belt
- Securely holds your BlackBerry Q10 with locking mechanism on top clip
- Swivel clip allows you to position your BlackBerry Q10 in 7 different ways
The above list pretty much sums up what you are getting for your money - and if you are prone to dropping your BlackBerry and are happy using a holster, this is as durable as it gets.
One highlight that I was really impressed with was the holster itself. As you would expect - you can swivel the clip to have it in the position that suits you best, but it's how secure it is that got me. Once you place the BlackBerry Q10 in the holster there is a sliding lock on the top rear of the holster which once activated means the BlackBerry can not come out of the holster until the locking slider process is reversed - a nice touch. There's also the magnet inside the holster so in true BlackBerry fashion when you remove the Q10 from the holster the screen will automatically be on. Clearly the opposite happens when you place the BlackBerry back in the holster.
- Protection, protection, protection!
- Having the holster allows for quick and easy access to your Q10.
- It looks pretty cool - like you mean business, in a tough way.
- Maybe be too bulky for some people.
- Not everybody is a holster fan.
The Bottom Line
If you're looking for the ultimate protection for your BlackBerry Q10 you really don't need to look much further. With the choice of using just one or two parts of the case, plus the holster too, it's perfect for both the home and work environment.