If you're a fan of ReadItNow!, which I am, then you'll probably be pleased to know that it has just received another update. You definitely can't say this developer sits on his laurels. It has come a long way since its first version way back when on the BlackBerry PlayBook. Though, I personally only discovered it on BlackBerry 10, mainly because I was using another read it later type service back then. If you didn't know already, ReadItNow! is a third party app for Pocket users, it allows you save to articles to read later. Very useful.
ReadItNow! v6.8.0 changelog
- NEW: auto-saving scroll position inside articles!
- NEW: showing authors inside article (if available)
- NEW: added new FAQ entry for sharing from twitter!
- IMPROVED: in general better performance and less memory consumption
- IMPROVED: Turbo Reader integration with large articles
- IMPROVED: better link color in dark theme
- IMPROVED: line-spacing in article view with larger fonts
- IMPROVED: several ui modifications
- FIXED: auto-sync on startup
The developer marks that this is the 30th update to this app since the BlackBerry PlayBook version and to celebrate the ocassion he is having a 50% sale. If you have been holding out or haven't tried it before, maybe you should give it a download now. Sale ends April 6th, 2014. All you need is a Pocket account and that's a free sign up. If you have ever been sent an article to read or started reading one but couldn't finish reading it, ReadItNow! is a great way to save the article to read it later. It syncs with your Pocket account so you can continue reading it on your computer or any other device you can sync Pocket with. It is available for all BlackBerry 10 devices and will be priced at $0.99 for the next week. Usual price $1.99.