Two apps created by the same developer have recently had an update pushed to them - one of which is on my list of top used apps, although both apps have proven themselves to be very useful for me. ReadItNow! just makes life so much easier when it comes to saving articles and websites that I don't have time to check out straight away and Magic4Square makes checking in quite a breeze.
The updates are small ones but updates are coming in fast, showing how much the developer is putting in to making sure the app runs to the best of its ability for users. So, my props to the developer for that. If you haven't checked them out before - ReadItNow! is a third party Pocket client, allowing you to save articles to read later. You need a Pocket account to use it. Magic4Square allows you to auto-checkin to your favorite venues.
ReadItNow! update changelog
- FIXED: increasing / decreasing of font-size in article view now works again
- FIXED: fixed article view mode
- FIXED: possible syncing issue
- FIXED: displaying issues with empty articles
Magic4Square update changelog
- NEW: added location update frequencies (30 minutes, 1 hour)
- NEW: automatically showing the changelog after installing an update
- CHANGED: adaptions to Foursquare API changes
- Some minor improvements and bugfixes
- FIXED: finding venues when adding check-ins works again
Magic4Square is free, while ReadItNow! will cost you $1.99 but is free to update. Both are available for all BlackBerry 10 devices. We've looked at both of these apps before. If you want to check them out first, watch our Magic4Square initial sneak peek here and our ReadItNow review here. ReadItNow! has had a significant update since the review, mainly being re-coded in Cascades to offer a smoother experience but visually it looks pretty much the same as in the review.