One of the first five apps I download when I get a new BlackBerry 10 smartphone (or when I carry out a clean install) is QuickPost and it has just received an update. The update brings a new app to share to along with the usual bug fix here and there. The latest update brings up to v2.3 and nice to see these kind of apps constantly improved upon.
What's new in QuickPost v2.3?
- Introducing BlackBerry Remember: Share to the BlackBerry Remember application. This is a great way to backup important images and messages. Additionally, you can save a draft and share to QuickPost at a later time.
- Restore Purchases Button: it's now easier to restore your purchases with the Restore button in the Pro Shop
- Watch for QuickPost coming soon to the BBM Shop
The update has propagated through BlackBerry World in the last 12 hours or so, if you haven't seen it yet, try using the link below to update. QuickPost is available for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones and costs $0.99 to download. Of course, if you have already purchased the app, updating is free. It has Pro features which can be purchased for an additional price of $3.99. QuickPost Pro allows you to select which target accounts to show, arrange target accounts, shorten URLs and more. With that said, there are 500 free copies up for grabs. Note, the free copy does not include Pro features. If you miss out on the 500 free copies, maybe check back every hour or so as the developer may make more free copies available.
To get yourself a free copy, follow the instructions below.
- Open up BlackBerry World
- Swipe down from the top and tap Redeem
- Enter promo code TEAMQUICKPOST
- You should then see a gree FREE icon, tap this icon to download your free copy
QuickPost Pro supports a lot of social media accounts already - BBM, BBM Channels, BBM Groups, Twitter, iGrann & iGrann Pro,Inst10, Blaq, Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Weibo, Trapeez (Tumblr). Are there any other services you'd like to see added to QuickPost? Bear in mind that it needs to be a native BlackBerry 10 app as QuickPost integrates which existing accounts that you have logged into. You do not need to separate login to the social media accounts through QuickPost, if you're logged in via whichever app, then you're good to go. Share your suggestions in the comment below.