Profile Changer Pro has become one of my top 5 apps. It climbed up my personal app chart when it went headless and now it is bringing some more goodies to the table. As a quick brief, Profile Changer Pro allows you to set different profiles for different times of the day. You can even make profiles for upcoming calendar entries or your meeting/calendar schedule. It has proven to be very useful and last December we saw it go headless. With this latest update it has just upped its game again.
The big addition to this update is the geofencing feature. It will use your GPS to automatically change your profile. So, if you need to have a certain profile for your work place you can just set it change to that profile once you reach that location. Working from home means I haven't put the geofencing feature into full use but I can see where it will work for some.
Full Profile Changer Pro Changelog
Version 2 Headless Features
- Version 2 includes all the features in version 1 plus the following
- Compatible with OS10.2.1 and completely Headless. No more Active Frame
- Geofencing support. Take advantage of the power of Location Services. Change sound profile when you near or leaving a location. All done in the background. Geofencing is the most accurate location vs Cell Tower.
Version 1 Active Frame Features
- New User Interface. Easier to navigate around screens
- Cell Tower support. Use Cell network tower location to change sound profile. When you are near or leave a cell tower you can change a sound profile.
- Bluetooth support. Change a sound profile when the device connects and disconnects from a Bluetooth device. E.g: connect with the Handsfree speaker in your car. You can change the sound profile to silent.
- Wi-Fi support. Change a sound profile when the device connects and disconnects from a WiFi network. E.g: Change profile to Phone only when connected to Home WiFi network or Vibrate when connected to Work WiFi network. When leaving the WiFi network a different sound profile can be changed E.g: Normal.
- Holster support. Change a sound profile when the BlackBerry is put into the holster and change to a different sound profile when you take it out of the holster.
- Calendar integration. Create calendar keywords or Busy status to use when you create new appointments in the Calendar application to change sound profiles. E.g: Enter the keyword “Meeting” in the appointment subject will change the profile to Vibrate or Silent or set the Busy status to “Busy” will change the profile to All Alerts Off.
Take note that headless support only works with OS 10.2.1, if you are running OS 10.2, Profile Changer Pro will have to be running in an Active Frame to work. If you have Profile Changer Pro already, it's free to update. If you're looking to give it a go, it is available for $2.99. It's also available for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones running 10.2 and above.