Poynt Updated To 220.127.116.11 For BlackBerry 8xxx, Bold, Storm
on 8 Mar 2009 09:42 am
Here is one of those cases where an already great application has just gotten even better. Poynt, which was recently updated to version 18.104.22.168 comes with a slew of new changes all of which just make the application that much better. Aside from the noticeable UI changes, which are amazing, there is a lot more going on under the hood which makes this update so good. Have a look after the break and you'll see what I mean.
Fixed no results found errors popping up when a cell-site location was found.
- Improved touch list performance.
- Search speed and data improvements.
- Improved saved locations mechanism
- Allowed search radius as small as 5 km
Bold/Curve 8900/Curve 83xx/Pearl/Pearl Flip:
Improved UI, re-written from the ground up to increase performance.
- Inertial scrolling on result lists to enhance visual feedback.
- Fixed BB Maps crashing issues.
- Cell-Site GPS - Fast and reasonably accurate initial locates while
your GPS chipset is warming up and scanning the sky for true satellite
- Improved GPS speeds. Note to Verizon Customers: Full GPS is still
unavailable for these devices, but the new Cell-Site GPS feature is
available. It is automatic, so no additional configuration is required.
- Improved network module. Poynt’s network heuristics provide a
seamless and fast user experience in a variety of different network
- Improved location lookup service (click on the search location bar at the top and select new search location).
- Non-intrusive auto-complete mechanism for typing in previous search terms.
- Add to Calendar feature for movie showtimes
- Improved data storage system to minimize memory footprint on the device.
As you can tell from the huge list a lot of stuff has been corrected and most importantly all these new changes including the new UI are designed to minimize the amount of memory the application uses, which we all know is precious on our BlackBerry smartphones. One thing to note though is that all versions aside from the Storms must be uninstalled before this new version can be loaded. If you don't uninstall first, the download of the updated version will fail.