One of my favorite applications recently got an update. PodTrapper, as we have seen reviewed here before by Crackberry podcast expert Craig Johnston. PodTrapper is a great utility for downloading Podcasts direct to your device be it through your carrier's network or through WiFi and it even supports downloads through your desktop as well. When your device is plugged in, provided your have the desktop downloader installed. A finer point of the application which I love as well is that it supports video podcasts on devices that have support for the downloaded files. The update that came out, puts PodTrapper now at version 2.0.0 and has fixed a lot of the little issues that users sent feedback in on. The developers were kind enough to give us all a change log:
- Make sure help items are placed properly
- Mark podcast as updated only if it succeeds, or it's failed a significant number of times (5)
- Settings screen doesn't allow enter key to make selection
- Added 'Quick add' menu items to the playlist screen
- Show download status in app footer
- Fixed erroneous 'download killed' messages
All in all a great update with some minor issues addressed to make the user experience even better. You can grab PodTrapper in the CrackBerry App Store where a free trial is also available. PodTrapper sells for $9.99 and all devices with media playback are supported.