Today marks the 2-year anniversary of when PillPad, then known as CF PillPad HD, was first submitted to BlackBerry World. While BlackBerry 10 at that time was still yet unreleased, those with developer devices were able to access and use before the official launched in January 2013.
Since its original incarnation on the BlackBerry PlayBook, the idea for PillPad was conceived by the developer as a personal application to track his son's medications for Cystic Fibrosis and not available for the general public.
Over the last couple of years, the application underwent various changes including UI renovations, several enhancements and feature updates, improvements in overall performance and speed, and other modifications based, as always, on user feedback and suggestions. The result is a solid tool that not only manages your prescriptions and dosages on a daily basis, but provides important web sources for researching prescriptions and accessing major pharmacies in the US, UK and Canada.
- Patient List - Keep track of medications by patient (family member)
- Medication List - List all medications, dosage, prescribing doctor, doctor phone number and notes for each Patient. Keep track of up to ten medications per Patient
- Call doctor from within application
- Backup/Restore of Patient data
- Ability to export information to CSV file
- Theme Support
- Ability to add refill reminders via calendar card
- Access to major Pharmacy and Medical website using in app browser. This allows you to look up diagnosis and to check/refill prescription online
- Built in calculator to help with dosage calculations
- BBM integration - invite friends to download PillPad from within app. Also join the CF/Aware BBM channel to learn about facts and help support Cystic Fibrosis
- Password protection - Ability to choose to protect the app with a password
As someone who cared for a parent with chronic medical conditions, this application granted peace of mind when tracking complicated prescriptions or when presenting the list at a Doctor's office or emergency room.
To celebrate the initial product release and to thank everyone who downloaded this application, Alade Designs is placing PillPad for BlackBerry 10 on sale for $0.99 (regularly $1.99) from now until November 17th.